St. Louis Up Close
Join us for this series of casual dialogues with St. Louis nonprofit leaders about the issues they address. All are welcome to attend!
If you would like to be added to our email list announcing each event, please email us. We also welcome your suggestions for future topics.
The local food movement: what's the real impact?
Wednesday, April 1, 4-5pm in Danforth University Center 233
Please join us for a discussion with local food experts.
- What does the "local food" movement really look like in the St. Louis area?
What significant changes and impact, if any, has it really made on our community's dining and shopping habits?
- Has the attention on local food been an advantage to those who experience food insecurity and live in our area's food deserts?
- Or, has it made it tougher for those who want to eat healthy and buy local on a limited budget?
- St. Louis: Unique Neighborhoods That Make Up the Patchwork of Our City
- Community Art as a Tool for Empowerment
- Voices from Ferguson
- Mental Health in St. Louis: Innovative Approaches to a Complex Challenge
- Race and the Law
- The 10-Year plan to end chronic homelessness: where are we after 10 years?
- The Alternative Route: Transportation in St. Louis
- Civic Expressions of Discontent: Voting, Volunteering, Boycotting, Protesting, and More
- Race matters: One street is not the only thing that divides us
- From homeless to entrepreneur
- Public Health: Unique & Promising Intervention Strategies
- Financial Deserts: Is paying 391% interest a problem for you?
- St. Louis: Is it the most dangerous city?
- Young, LGBT & Homeless: Unpacking the tensions & realities
- What keeps St. Louis from becoming a top tier city?
- Refugees in St. Louis: Insights on their experience & transition